new audio driver and amplifier !!!

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

THEVICTROLAGUY

new audio driver and amplifier !!!

Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:04 pm

this is the first recording with the new driver and gx-15 amplifier. the gx-15 is a simple guitar amplifier powering the new audio driver, much improved clarity. i found the amp at guitar center, total cost was $ 32.00 !! a trade in from a store in Nebraska, shipping was ten bucks, the amp was $ 22.00 and is like new condition. just wanted to post this, neat experiment and makes really first rate cylinder recordings. also, improved the stability of the cylinder lathe. very precise adjustments of the the bearings and motor. the lathe is belt driven and on long sustained notes any fluctuation in speed is heard as wow, piano and flute are two of the most difficult recordings to make on a cylinder phonographs due to the tiny fluctuations in speed. also notice the lack of background cylinder noise. i have been working on this for the last few weeks trying to improve the process. this recording would compare to a disc i would say...