rek-o-kut head mount question

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

mratx

rek-o-kut head mount question

Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:23 pm

I have a rek-o-kut overhead that I need to make a head mount assembly for, and am looking for suggestions as to how to do the bearings/pivot points. Attached is a pic showing the two methods rek-o-kut has used. One uses bolts with pointed tips that insert into indentations on the head mount that have small ball bearings in them. The other uses bolts that have dimples on the ends, which match up to nubs on the head mount. Whatever method that I use would need to mate to the bolt holes that are on the other portion of the carriage. My thought at this point is to drill a small indentation in the ends of two bolts, matching small indentations in the sides of the mount I make, and use ball bearings between the two indentations. If anyone has any alternate ideas, or knows of sources for pre-made bolts with pointed tips or dimples, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ROLANDJAYS

Re: rek-o-kut head mount question

Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:17 pm

Something like this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mratx

Re: rek-o-kut head mount question

Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:54 pm

What kind of bearing or mounting does that use? It looks sort of like a skate bearing mounted on the inside, but I can't quite tell from the picture. How does it mate to the carriage, does the stock screw make a tight fit with the inside of the bearing, or do you need to use something else? And is that a unit that you make and sell, or just a unit you own? If you sell them, pm me, I may want to buy one rather than bother making one, since I have some extra counterweights and I am trying to mount a horizontal head. Is it the width for the M12 or M5?

Thanks,

Mark