converted to stand alone

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

45rpmdude

converted to stand alone

Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:55 pm

this is how im making these work. mc 41 replaced metlal link.

X-26 will get some tin and manget wire. i cannot find anything piezzo.

and dont think piezzo is powerfull enough to cut records. so im doing them this way.

This way i can get the bass sound i so desire in my recordings. theyll sound really good.

Gib uses an actuater piezzo. its kind of like a tongue that sent energy to the end of the head thats a much greater voltage,, it looks nothing like that of a piezzo from radio shack, which hold only 10 volts. again this sound is very tinny..

If you plan on adding base to your music,, not too much base though that could ruin the cut with all those drum backs. Im using it to recut old records and base makes them sound sweeter. with a riaa curve. im going to forget about the amp. and just stand the head alone with some wire and a magnet.. make sure the magnet is 22 degrees ovlong to the head.. its louder this way.. I hope this helps anyone whos stumpped on this.. but it took at least 13 yrs.. and 7 months..

45rpmdude

Re: converted to stand alone

Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:50 pm

ive had some success with the head winding.. Converting crystal to magnetic with some wire.. I forgot to mention.. gib had wound the coild loose in my mc 41 presto..

in 1948 there were no ways to cool the heat, like we use nitrogen to cool a speaker now.
so i was told to use 35 winds.. for no higher than 5 db.. or burn head or fire could occure

cause the wire gets hot.. Steve can you help me put pictures on here... il show you what i mean.. The only thing is the coild is 3 times the size of that of an mc 41.. Only thing i can think of is cut a spkr and cut out the insert and glue it to the end of the dead head.. maybe gue it to a piece of cardbard or some type of plastic flat coffe container,, but not the lid cause the lis is too soft.. its cheap and its low cost...