My Cutter Head prototype

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

noizzer

Re: My Cutter Head prototype

Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:54 pm

Self-lather wrote:I can't wait for these to be available. Any rough idea of the price range?

-Thomas

I do not have price still, but I try to keep as low as possible and sold for experimentation but trying to be pro-head for all enthusiasts

noizzer

Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:03 pm

This is my pitch box protoype almost ready the only thing for now the delay time is for 1 second and i need 2 second for adjust de complete revolution of the patter, but work fine with a daw with 2 tracks and two outputs one track delayed 2 seconds for the head signal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

emidisc

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:06 am

that really looks the business put down for one too

Emidisc :wink:

Stevie342000

Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:53 pm

I for one thinks that if it cuts as good as it looks then it has to be a bargain. It reminds of a Fairchild with the red print. You must have an idea of what all the parts have costs and your time.

A ball park figure would be helpful its not going to be a $100 nor would I expect it be over $500. Have you done any tests on it?

Do we have any specifications on the cutter head i.e. cutting level for Lp 33 1/3 45 rpm or 78 rpm, frequency response, what is the head resonance, dimensions, resistance, impedance, inductance and so on. Is it a feedback or non feedback cutter head? How about a feedback and a non feedback head for us real cheapskates?

When will it be available as well, it will not be today but tomorrow would be good?

What mounting options are there for the head?

En Espanol
Por mi parte, piensa que si se corta tan bien como se ve a continuación, tiene que ser una ganga. Se recuerda a un Fairchild con la impresión roja. Usted debe tener una idea de lo que todas las partes tienen los costos y el tiempo.

Una figura del estadio de béisbol sería útil que no va a ser de $ 100 ni se lo esperaría que sea más de $ 500. ¿Has hecho alguna prueba de ello?

¿Tenemos algún especificaciones sobre el nivel de corte, es decir la cabeza de corte de la Lp 33 1/3 45 rpm o 78 rpm, respuesta de frecuencia, lo que es la resonancia de cabeza, dimensiones, resistencia, impedancia, inductancia y así sucesivamente. ¿Es una retroalimentación o realimentación no cutter cabeza? ¿Qué tal una retroalimentación y una cabeza sin retroalimentación para nosotros los tacaños reales?

¿Cuándo estará disponible, así, no va a ser hoy, pero mañana sería bueno?

¿Qué opciones de montaje están allí por la cabeza?

Cubed

Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:02 pm

Wow, your cutter head looks great! I like the advance ball configuration you have going.

Also nice work on your pitch box, please keep us informed!

noizzer

Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:02 pm

Stevie342000 wrote:I for one thinks that if it cuts as good as it looks then it has to be a bargain. It reminds of a Fairchild with the red print. You must have an idea of what all the parts have costs and your time.

A ball park figure would be helpful its not going to be a $100 nor would I expect it be over $500. Have you done any tests on it?

Do we have any specifications on the cutter head i.e. cutting level for Lp 33 1/3 45 rpm or 78 rpm, frequency response, what is the head resonance, dimensions, resistance, impedance, inductance and so on. Is it a feedback or non feedback cutter head? How about a feedback and a non feedback head for us real cheapskates?

When will it be available as well, it will not be today but tomorrow would be good?

En Espanol
Por mi parte, piensa que si se corta tan bien como se ve a continuación, tiene que ser una ganga. Se recuerda a un Fairchild con la impresión roja. Usted debe tener una idea de lo que todas las partes tienen los costos y el tiempo.

Una figura del estadio de béisbol sería útil que no va a ser de $ 100 ni se lo esperaría que sea más de $ 500. ¿Has hecho alguna prueba de ello?

¿Tenemos algún especificaciones sobre el nivel de corte, es decir la cabeza de corte de la Lp 33 1/3 45 rpm o 78 rpm, respuesta de frecuencia, lo que es la resonancia de cabeza, dimensiones, resistencia, impedancia, inductancia y así sucesivamente. ¿Es una retroalimentación o realimentación no cutter cabeza? ¿Qué tal una retroalimentación y una cabeza sin retroalimentación para nosotros los tacaños reales?

hello bbcode

my problem to calculate the costs fast, is live in medellin Colombia
every component I have to wait 1,2 0r 3 weeks to arrive.

I am now waiting aluminum parts, wire, screws even my own desktop cnc machine to work faster etc etc

when I have all this the next step is test the coils
I want to start with settings on Westrex 3dIIAH (I have two heads)
The feedback coil 45 gauge wire resistance 12 ohms. The Drive coil 39 gauge wire, resistance is 11 ohms

mount options can be variable according to order, I believe is the least (8 degrees , 16mx18 neumann , westrex , custom)

I'm working on various forms of feedback .. even I want to try the first layer for the feedback and over of this the driver coils.

I'm entering the testing stages

Stevie342000

Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:36 pm

That's good news keep us posted and get back to us soon, I am sure you will get some orders for this item.

But it all depends on the cost.

noizzer

Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:11 pm

update
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

opcode66

Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:40 am

noizzer wrote:
opcode66 wrote:Me too

of course! I will have a resonance test stage, sound, cut ... then I will send a head to steve or to you opcode for testing purposes and then will be for sale!

thanks
I'd be happy to review anything. I would not need an advance ball since my suspension has a dashpot. I also would need a neumann mounting for the back. I could send you a cad file for it.
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio

tragwag

Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:16 am

looks great!
Keep us posted :)
making lathe cuts on a Presto 6N, HIFI stereo cuts on vinylrecorder
at Audio Geography Studios, Providence, RI USA
http://www.audiogeography.com

opcode66

Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:29 pm

This will get you started at least. I will have to create an CAD for you since I don't currently have one for that part.
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones

noizzer

Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:43 pm

opcode66 wrote:This will get you started at least. I will have to create an CAD for you since I don't currently have one for that part.
Thankx bro

Jccc

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:33 am

Wow awesome cuttinghead you have going on. I am interested to what the frequency response to it will be. Keep us all informed

godz

Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:10 am

really awesome, can you show some sound?, hope to finish and selling.

noizzer

Wed May 06, 2015 1:07 am

Stevie342000 wrote:I for one thinks that if it cuts as good as it looks then it has to be a bargain. It reminds of a Fairchild with the red print. You must have an idea of what all the parts have costs and your time.

En Espanol

noizzer

Wed May 06, 2015 1:11 am

noizzer wrote:

En Espanol

Yes whit feedback, direct depth option and helium option added

CHAPPERS

Wed May 06, 2015 2:16 pm

Sweet! Looks really nice! Well done sir.

opcode66

Wed May 06, 2015 2:53 pm

I'd like to see some video or hear some sample cuts.

Fela Borbone

Wed May 06, 2015 3:57 pm

Se ve estupenda!

dimi751

Thu May 07, 2015 3:23 am

Stop tease us more photo please :D
Love the orange colour look hot !