Professional vinyl record lathe step by step

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

zdenek

Re: Professional vinyl record lathe step by step

Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:56 am

I was provided with a brass housing for the DMM head, I didn't know it was so big...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zdenek

Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:58 am

300$

zdenek

Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:14 pm

We received information from the magnet manufacturer that the magnetic force of magnets decreases with age by about one percent per year, which means that old heads that are several decades old have lost their effectiveness and electromanetic efficiency, so there is no point in purchasing a head for thousands of dollars because it does not meet the manufacturer's requirements. And so, regardless of the type of magnets used in the head, one percent per year loss of the magnetic force of the magnets after ten years means a 10 percent weaker head, after thirty years 30 percent and after half a century the efficiency is no more than 50 percent of those old recording heads etc. So the old heads are very worn out, like everything that is old, I think so too.
What do you think, trolls?

zdenek

Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 pm

Edison recorded his voice first, why record other people's voices? So record your voice and upload it to YouTube. Then no one will accuse you of copying someone else's voice, and this is not in accordance with the law of ownership without the owner's consent, right? Let everything sound authentic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGLcPBlFyFY

zdenek

Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:46 pm

We received the original galvanized stainless steel plate with great difficulty, it is a complete shock for us when it comes to the hardness of the copper layer.
The situation is as follows: these COPPER MIRROR plates for DMM are VERY SOFT, it may be slightly harder than wax or hard paraffin or PVC plastic, etc. .Even by gently moving your fingernail, you can irreversibly scratch such copper, not to mention the use of a diamond knife... .
The copper layer is very thin, like the thickness of a hair on a stainless steel plate. However, rolled copper is at least ten times harder than galvanized steel, so these are two different worlds but it seems to be the same copper... it's a different copper.
This galvanic copper, after cutting the disc, can be listened to three to five times and it deteriorates, degrades the high frequency band, then the small cuts of the high frequency above 17 kHz become blurred and each subsequent listening to the disc deteriorates the acoustic bandwidth, so it is a myth about listening to this copper disc multiple times. ,pressed vinyl record is much more durable.

zdenek

Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:18 am

Hello, these very fine teeth are a recording of a frequency of 40 kHz with a level of 0 dB in copper, groove width 0.025 mm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zdenek

Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:20 am

The recording is original, made with my machine and my DMM head

zdenek

Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:50 pm

I'm considering buying such a multi-colored lamp for my lathe, I think it will go very nicely with the black granite base of my machine, what do you think, trolls?

zdenek

Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:53 pm

We are still testing the system, nothing is free, precision has to cost time, time is a very expensive element of this puzzle...

zdenek

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:52 pm

Hello, together with electronics we have developed a module for measuring the temperature of drive coils with a constant resistance of 4.7 Ohm and 8 Ohm.
and current intensity directly when the online amplifiers are turned on, i.e. in real time while cutting the board on a lathe. You will need four amplifiers with a minimum power of 250W, a total power of 1kW. The amplifiers can also be of lower power, but then the recording signal may not be very precise.
If anyone is interested, please write on my website, the first person will receive the module for free to test [possible shipping costs],
The module is great, it has four indicators, two for measuring the temperature of the L and R channel coils and two for measuring the L and R current.