Lazarus Lathe Project-2

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Soulbear

Lazarus Lathe Project-2

Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:42 am

Hi Trolls,
Seasons Greetings to All
Can anyone help me to Identify the Manufacturer Of My Latest Lazarus Lathe???
The Plattter appears to be an integral part of the Motor and I have Great Hopes it has "Tons of Grunt" However it's very early days, and my Expectations are that this Motor (If Working!!) will be designed to run at 78RPM so any suggestions about how to get it to deliver 45RPM (DC Power Supply/Inverter/Inverter/Lower Frequency Sinewave Generation Perhaps??) would be Gratefully Accepted
Unknown Lathe-100.jpg
Unknown Lathe-106.jpg
Unknown Lathe-108.jpg
Unknown Lathe-109.jpeg
More Pics to Follow
Regards Soulbear :wink: :) :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Soulbear

Re: Lazarus Lathe Project-2

Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:47 am

Hi Trolls,
More Pics
Unknown Lathe-114.jpeg
Unknown Lathe-110.jpeg
Unknown Lathe-111.jpeg
Unknown Lathe-112.jpeg
Regards Soulbear :wink: :) :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Soulbear

Re: Lazarus Lathe Project-2

Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:32 pm

Hi Trolls, This Project is currently on "Hold" but remains on the "To Do List". I've made very little progress with this lathe, although I did eventually manage to give it a run.The Platter weight is around 8 lbs or a little shy of 4kgs, and it will NOT "Self-Start" The Platter needs a Helping Hand to get it on its way, but once rotating appears to run smoothly enough. As sort of anticipated, it is designed for 78RPM operation. I still don't have a clue about its manufacture, so I'd be eternally grateful to any Trolls who can give me information.
Unknown Lathe-109.jpeg
It came with this rather beautifully engineered "Laydown" Cutterhead, Perhaps someone could identify the Cutterhead which may give a clue to the Lathe Manufacturer??
IMG_9063.jpg
I'd appreciate any insights Thanks!! :P :) :D Soulbear