MSS Cutterhead Repair

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Soulbear

MSS Cutterhead Repair

Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:38 am

Hi Trolls,
Here's an interesting short Video of a MSS Moving Iron Cutterhead Repair:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptfIHqyOtHw&t=3s
I would have thought it prudent for Norman to substitute the "Damping Material" he removed in the Video, with perhaps a shot of Silicone Rubber, but an interesting Video covering the Mechanics of a "Moving Iron" Cutterhead nevertheless.
Regards
:wink: :P :D Soulbear

Gridlock

Re: MSS Cutterhead Repair

Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:16 am

Sticky. Great video - notice the intoxication levels of this dude over the 6 hr course, very troll. This is what you need to know about moving iron heads, including that they're the same as magnetic reproducers. I just got a reproduced head labeled October 13, 1925 from preservation in CT. (right next door to the old Scully factory) which I intend to fix up and make cut. Also making kooky Frankenstein experimenting with moving iron all to mount on my presto k8, which I will make a separate thread on. Don't worry, it will be really fun because I insist on doing everything by hand and not spending any money! Done.
<\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\[[[[[[[\/]]]]]]]\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\>
Recordette Sr.......Presto K-8