Dealing with customers who cannot deal with pressing plants

Topics regarding professional record cutting.

Moderators: piaptk, mossboss, tragwag, Aussie0zborn, Steve E., Simon

Dealing with customers who cannot deal with pressing plants

Unread postby jesusfwrl » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:41 am

This is a question directed towards mastering studios, without their own plating and pressing facilities.

Do you offer to make plating and pressing arrangements on behalf of your customers? Or do you limit the scope of your business to mastering exclusively, and let the customer figure out where to plate and press?

How do you deal with customers who do not appear able to figure out plating and pressing on their own?

Alternatively, from the perspective of a plating/pressing facility, how much of your work is dealing directly with the customer, how much do you deal with recording and mastering studios, and how much do you deal with dedicated brokers? What do you prefer?

Personally, I would prefer only doing the mastering and shipping the lacquer out to where ever the customer instructs me to, but I certainly see that there are always customers who would find it very difficult, if not impossible to arrange the rest of the process successfully without too much confusion.

At the end of the day, our aim is that the customer is really satisfied with the final product, even though only the first step of the process is under our control as mastering engineers.
~~~ Analog Mastering, Disk Cutting, Tape Duplication ~~~
Magnetic Fidelity: http://www.magneticfidelity.com

Also offering custom high quality audio electronics and repair/restoration of audio-related antiquities.
jesusfwrl

Re: Dealing with customers who cannot deal with pressing pla

Unread postby Greg Reierson » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:42 am

Send them to a trusted broker if they need that much hand-holding.
Greg Reierson
http://www.RareFormMastering.com
VMS70 :: SAL74B :: SX74
Greg Reierson

Return to Vinyl Mastering, Lacquer cutting, Pro's and others