VMS62 Special Restoration

Topics regarding professional record cutting.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

petrolio

VMS62 Special Restoration

Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:07 am

Hello cutters!! I'm trying to repair an old AM32B with a VA62G pitch control unit:
The lathe is in good condition, the pitch control is not tested but need to be recapped and the belts are missed, the 3 amplifier are in the same situation, 30 years not used.
I would like to work at fixed pitch with the original motors. No schematics or manual of va62g/amplifiers fouded around. Any papyrus or tip will be recived with pleasure.

Have a nice Cutting !
(Not me for the moment)
Petrolio

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Aussie0zborn

Re: Vms 62 special restouration

Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:15 am

OK so what you've go there is a "VMS 62 Special" . There seem to be quite a few of these around now. It is essentially the same as the AM32B except for the VA62 that you mentioned.

I had one of these as well as an AM32B and I simply cut at fixed pitch and depth by feeding the source directly to the cutting amps. For master lacquers I used the VMS70 system.

I'm sure someone will have the schematics but in the meantime I would suggest consulting a professional technician. There are a few in the USA and Europe. Where are you located?

petrolio

Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:52 am

Hallo Aussie!
Thanks for the answer... I'm located in italy...
For sure the machine will be check by a prof tech , but manual and schematics are good to understand how it works , how the signals from the three amplifier change pitch and depth and how the can be bypassed, could be possible that it is enought disconnect them so the signal will not go in to the summing amp... . Maybe I don't need to make a restoration of Them...
I do often restouration of old industrial machines, but for sure the neumann is the most fascinated I ever met....
In the meantime try to find new belts and some docu will be very good..but i can understand that people here are quite busy...
Thanks
Petrolio

petrolio

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:48 am

Hallo trolls !!!
I'm looking for new rubber belts for a vms 62 special picth motors.... Anyone knows the specs or where to buy them?

dubcutter89

Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi Pietro!

Sent you a mail with info...
For spare parts you might contact flotzki - www.flokason.ch

Greetings
Lukas
Wanted: ANYTHING ORTOFON related to cutting...thx

petrolio

Re: VMS62 Special Restoration

Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:28 am

Hallo trolls! New question about My suspension box...
I already found old posts about it and it was useful, but this seems to be something different..
So, when the head is up everything seems normal.....
To go down I have to push the release Button (is this normal?) and the the lowering lever can be moved until the end of the course , but if i leave it it stays like this.....
No good.... In fact the lever is still pushing the metal spring in the back....Image
so I tired to unscrew the little screw on the lever base but must be a block on the axle ....
Don't know ... Something is not well setted.... Any suggestion is welcome ...
My english level is like mine suspension box.....
Thanks