blank pressed records

Once you have cut a master laquer, you have metal stampers created and have records pressed from them. Discuss manufacturing here. (Record Matrix Electroforming- Plating, Vinyl Record Pressing.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

fredbissnette

blank pressed records

Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:14 pm

are there any pressing plants that sell just blank pressed records?
im looking for 7'' and 10''
Instagram @styluspressurerecords

Gridlock

Re: blank pressed records

Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:52 pm

WWW.Erika records.com give them a call
<\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\[[[[[[[\/]]]]]]]\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\>
Recordette Sr.......Presto K-8

fredbissnette

Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:50 pm

thanks a bunch

recordblanks

Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:53 pm

I offer Blanks at recordblanks.com Cheers! -Ryan

The Shank

Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:13 am

recordblanks wrote:I offer Blanks at recordblanks.com Cheers! -Ryan
He said "pressed blank", not a trashy vulgar plastic badly cut out :

Remember who was talking about "real hash head" to find blanks?
http://www.myshank.com

* Diamond cutting stylus officials/prototypes
* Resharpening services
* Blank records
* Cutting lathe

socialroots

Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:02 am

Just want to chime in that after a couple of years messin around with pc, solo plates, laserdiscs, cd, s, embossing with homemade cones, Farmer Johns tungsten cones, sapphire styli . Never was aiming for laquer quality stereo cuts from a neumann or skully ect, but just nice lofi mono with good vibes. Well embossing on pc can be pretty good in combo with Farmer Johns cones, but I just couldnt get pc here in Taiwan that was always consistent quality to cut with since these pc sheets were never made for the intent of embossing audio, mostly problems with flatness and sometimes actual hardness would be slightly different batch to batch.
The last year or so ive completly jumped onto My Shank wagon , diamond styli cutting a soft pvc blank that is very well made, and consistent to cut with, once dialed in, I just focus on cutting, which is a blessing really.
hard to beat Stevens quality, service. Getting it sent from France to Taiwan is where I get robbed, but thats not the fault of My Shank. Still best bang for your hard earned money!
Forget the pressed blanks, not really any cheaper, still gonna need diamond to cut it, cuz its very hard, and I blame destroying my first diamond with pressed blanks, cheap quality pvc sheets fromthe stationary store are better, softer than pressed blanks, but why bother when Stevens PVC blanks are MUCH asofter to cut or emboss on and seems to have been made just for that very purpose of cutting audio!
More expensive than embossing on pc, but you get what you pay for. I still emboss sometimes
and I use the same My Shank blanks and I feel they are much softer to emboss than pc , I feel its worth the extra bit of money. Im NOT SPONSORED by My Shank either!
Big up from my likkle island ,
Patrick

socialroots

Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:11 am

The Shank wrote:
recordblanks wrote:I offer Blanks at recordblanks.com Cheers! -Ryan
He said "pressed blank", not a trashy vulgar plastic badly cut out :

This looks like the pvc sheets I can buy at the stationary store, even looks the same as when I use heavy scissors to cut them! These sheets I used to buy for around75 cents usd for a size big enuff to cut out a two 7 inch discs or one 12 inch. So why am I buying all the way from france when I can get 1mm,1.5mm even 2mm black , shiny, plastic protected pvc sheets here locally?
It might look the same , but its not! MY SHANK pvc blanks are MUCH SOFTER, so I get more life out of my expensive diamond styli!

Remember who was talking about "real hash head" to find blanks?

SueDenim

Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:13 am

+1
Being someone who's used various MyShank blanks, diamonds and even his labels(!), I'd like to say that Steven offers both a fantastic product and service which can't be beaten.
Thanks.

recordblanks

Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:32 am

To Steven at Myshank,
"He said "pressed blank", not a trashy vulgar plastic badly cut out" you never expreseed any of this to me. I will be happy to take care of anything you are unsatisfied with. Just contact me. Also I don't use this forum to discuss everything I don't like about you, so please don't be rude to me. Thanks -Ryan recordblanks.com

The Shank

Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:51 am

recordblanks wrote:To Steven at Myshank,
"He said "pressed blank", not a trashy vulgar plastic badly cut out" you never expreseed any of this to me. I will be happy to take care of anything you are unsatisfied with. Just contact me. Also I don't use this forum to discuss everything I don't like about you, so please don't be rude to me. Thanks -Ryan recordblanks.com

I'm just telling people about what I get from you. I just bought one blank, one blank to check what people would get from you. One blank was enough to see the quality.
You really think I would have wrote you an email to let you know your blank wasn't ok? Seriously? I'm not rude. I'm describing.

I have respect for everybody here. I have no reason to be rude WITH YOU. I'm speaking about YOUR PRODUCT. I have no doubt you're a nice guy.

Don't hesitate to write here what you don't like ABOUT ME.

* Resharpening services
* Blank records
* Cutting lathe

recordblanks

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:03 am

I don't think anyone expects our French competitor to give us a good review, but I'm sure they appreciate it. -recordblanks.com

The Shank

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:12 am

recordblanks wrote:I don't think anyone expects our French competitor to give us a good review, but I'm sure they appreciate it. -recordblanks.com
Competitor....

* Resharpening services
* Blank records
* Cutting lathe

tapesandtubes

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:27 am

The Shank wrote:
recordblanks wrote:To Steven at Myshank,

I'm just telling people about what I get from you. I just bought one blank, one blank to check what people would get from you. One blank was enough to see the quality.
You really think I would have wrote you an email to let you know your blank wasn't ok? Seriously? I'm not rude. I'm describing.

I have respect for everybody here. I have no reason to be rude WITH YOU. I'm speaking about YOUR PRODUCT. I have no doubt you're a nice guy.

Don't hesitate to write here what you don't like ABOUT ME.
Cool it man. Yes, the OP was asking for pressed blanks which Ryan & I (recordblanks.com) don't do. However, it's always helpful to post about other options. As for your posts (The Shank) regarding Ryan's work, you're a little out of line. It looks like you haven't cut the blank. Since you asked for it...

I've cut and embossed using your blanks and ours. Here are the differences:

MyShank blanks have a lot more surface static electricity -- which makes cutting without vacuum suction extremely difficult.
MyShank blanks aren't PVC. You CNC your blanks with a laser, so unless you have a ventilation system or a respirator you're breathing in toxic fumes. Besides, they're clear sheets that are laminated to appear black.

RECORDBLANKS.COM blanks are pure virgin PVC that are cut one at a time by hand. We don't have a CNC machine quite yet. Which is why they might seem a little rough around the edges.
RECORDBLANKS.COM blanks are softer, and respond to heat much better.
RECORDBLANKS.COM are superior for those that choose to emboss -- I'm able to get much quieter and louder sounding lathe-cuts.

Those are my impressions of the two different materials. We make our own blanks to use for Lantern Lathe LLC, and decided to sell them to other lathe operators. We're simply experimenting and learning as we go. In other words, chill out.
Presto K8 | 6N

The Shank

Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:41 am

Competitor (with a 3rd arm growing in my back because of the toxic fumes)

* Resharpening services
* Blank records
* Cutting lathe

socialroots

Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:35 am

I dont cut with a vacum, no styli heat, just a heat lamp and a brush to collect swirl. One thought about the top clear material that is being cut, I use this to judge how deep im actually cutting. Ive found out that when im cutting too deep I start to hit the black material and I can see the color of the swarf get more of a greyish tone instead of clear white colored swarf, when I see this I adjust my cutting depth till I just see the clear plastic again. Ive been extending my new styli cutting time thus far because of this.
WHO FRIGGING CARES about it not being a virgin, and not 100%black all the way thru.wasnt someone posting and whinning bout this not too long ago?
I onlyncare about the end result, which is the sound. All plastic ive tried have a tendancy to produce static charge when peeling off the protective sticker, well I got a negative ion generator that pretty much eliminates that static electricity.
If quality is what you claim to be, then im sure you will beat your competitor!
And I would be happy to switch over to a superior same cost blank.
You guys offering diamonds and resharpening services?
I like the one stop,one shop option.
Respect,
Patrick

fredbissnette

Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:55 am

i ended up finding a distributor locally that can get me very nice poly carbonate lexan for a great price
i use my bandsaw with a purpose made circle jig to cut perfect circles any size i want
my edges are perfectly smooth and not jagged
i have a drillpress to make the 9 32 hole at high speed
i no longer have a need for an outsource for blanks

thanks to all that responded

TheCrates

Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:08 pm

the seller of my vinylrecorder gave me some real pressed 12" records with a white label, they are produced in france. dont know if they have 10" or 7" -and how long the stylus lasts, but a test cut was very nice, even with a long used diamond.

-i like that real record look, just like a test pressing!