Made A Trip to Germany Last Week: Newbilt

Once you have cut a master laquer, you have metal stampers created and have records pressed from them. Discuss manufacturing here. (Record Matrix Electroforming- Plating, Vinyl Record Pressing.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Oliver-Ibiza

Re: Made A Trip to Germany Last Week: Newbilt

Wed May 25, 2016 9:14 am

Filmed at Laser Disc Argentina.

mossboss

Wed May 25, 2016 4:53 pm

I see all the doubting Thomas's are now satisfied nice to see the positivity finally
The valves seem to me to be a ttt clone if not they look like an awfully close cousin
Best
Chris

ROLANDJAYS

Wed May 25, 2016 6:26 pm

I wonder how much this setup costs ? I don't have the money though . but I know I'm not the only one who is curious.

PS. Side buttons are a common safety feature for equipment so you can't push both buttons at the same time with one hand or an object . don't change them ,it is an OSHA requirement

mossboss

Thu May 26, 2016 10:59 am

On that point of switches and safety it really could do with a light curtain. But it all depends where they are going to be installed
I would have thought the buttons ought to be held till the moulds are right in and press starting closing. This is just an observation nothing more
Best
Chris

untitledthe

Fri May 27, 2016 7:39 am

On the Yellow production run that is pictured on the Newbilt website you can see this is solved by another (front)plate that closes when the mould is in the press.

untitledthe

Fri May 27, 2016 7:41 am

Aussie0zborn

Sun May 29, 2016 9:28 am

There are no doubting Thomases here. Some valid concerns were raised and worth mentioning. Something that I raised was the re-badging of an old Finebilt press and how invited guests from around the world wasted time and money to see a supposed "new" machine sitting idle.

That an old proven concept couldn't be replicated and improved upon was never an issue. The business practises were fairly questionable. The finished machine is radically different from the old Finebilt that was re-badged as "Newbilt"

mossboss

Mon May 30, 2016 4:49 am

All is well that ends well as the bard says Every internet expert plus some armchair philosophers who carry some kind of torch for the Vinyl Record game jumped on it.
Not much positive input in the past We now see the end result, its not a bad effort
They put up the $$ the effort they got a result Good for them their clients, as well as the game This is the first operating machine, the others we heard about are either renderings prototypes or on someones computer or future plans
In so far as this machines its there, the rest lets say its history
There will be improvements debugging etc etc etc no doubt about that
Best
Chris

Gridlock

Tue May 31, 2016 6:52 pm

I would have personally put more heavy metal band stickers on there but what do i know im just an arm chair phalosapher.
<\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\[[[[[[[\/]]]]]]]\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\>
Recordette Sr.......Presto K-8

mossboss

Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:47 am

It is Heavy Metal already You want to try lifting it? Ha
Yes indeed more stickers
Best
Chris

Oliver-Ibiza

Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:40 am

Who have experiences with a Newbilt in the past ? I know Laser-Disc-Argentina is pressing records with a Dublex, but who else? Norse-Denmark just starting the plant with the new machines.. Same with Vinyl-Pressing in FL.

untitledthe

Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:41 pm

If you are interested make a appointment with Newbilt or go to the next demoday. They can tell you all about it and you can try the machinery yourself and press some records. They got alot more going on then you mention, also in other area's then the pressingmachines. They can tell you all about it, thats not up to me. They are very friendly people and are glade to help you, im glade i have made the visit and grateful for their help and advice. Allthough it was for me a good realitycheck..