Pressing and plating

Once you have cut a master laquer, you have metal stampers created and have records pressed from them. Discuss manufacturing here. (Record Matrix Electroforming- Plating, Vinyl Record Pressing.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Nickou

Pressing and plating

Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:20 am

Hi Guys
I need to plate and press from lacquers in the New York Area

Any recommendation ?
Thanks
Yann

Nickou

Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:58 am

Please ! I need some help !
I know they is a thread somewhere in the forum with a list of pressing plant but I can t find it !

Nickou

Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:59 am

founD

opcode66

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:04 pm

FYI, most of us have our plating done at Mastercarft in New Jersey.

A lot of pressing plants don't do galvonics anymore here in the US.
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio

Serif

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:10 pm

A lot of pressing plants don't do galvonics anymore here in the US.
I have deciphered the conflation between the Galvanic cell and the Brugnatelli (eletro-deposition) cell. When Luigi Galvani stopped using static electricity for frog-leg bioncs and went for chemical-derived electricity (in the form of the Voltaic pile), he was using copper and zinc electrodes' passive potentials. The chemical redox between them made the frog leg nerve twitch the muscle, just like the static-charged scalpel had done. Since the Voltaic pile used zinc, when one electro-deposits zinc (coating), he might call it Galvanizing. But to be "galvanized" is actually to become like the frog's leg muscle - "brought to action through outside motivation." Meat puppets from hockey stix, running on auto-pilot (you know).... (;

Verily. it was the _other_ Luigi: Luigi Brugnatelli, who is the father of electro-deposition, which is when a direct current is directed _into_ the cell, rather than pulled _out_ of it.

An important distinction which will doubtless go disregarded, but which is still fun to point out, in case anyone cares...

- Andrew