NEW TOOLEX ALPHA AD12 PRESS

Once you have cut a master laquer, you have metal stampers created and have records pressed from them. Discuss manufacturing here. (Record Matrix Electroforming- Plating, Vinyl Record Pressing.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

AD1207

Re: NEW TOOLEX ALPHA AD12 PRESS

Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:02 am

Hi All!
Just want to post an update on the current situation here at Pheenix.

To this date we have delivered five (completely NEW, Andy :wink: ) pressing machines that are running in full production and we have a number of presses in the order book.

We are planning to have an "open house" -event in June. Would anyone here be interested in such event?

Regards,
Niklas
Pheenix Alpha AB

Aussie0zborn

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:44 am

Hey Niklas,

If Newbilt can have an Open Day and show an old Finebilt press with a Newbilt badge stuck on it and have people travel across the world to see a stationary non-functioning press, what makes you think you can't do it? I imagine you will be displaying a
machine in full operation as we've already seen in your short videos.

An alternative might be to make a professional video and save everybody the travel costs. I would think that all you need to do is show the press at start-up, the sequence of the press cycle with an explanation, the ease of changing stampers and then focus on the improvements made over the 1202 and 1207, stating the reasons for the upgrades. Another feature worth pointing out is the floor space - an overhead shot iwould be mandatory.

Another idea would be to send Andy an invitation with air tickets so that he can write a review for us and then you don't have to do any of the above.

Good luck with it. Either way I'm sure it will be a huge success.

untitledthe

Wed May 03, 2017 5:41 am

Last October we reported on a Swedish newspaper article covering the return to production of the famed Alpha Toolex record press overseen by Niklas Poblenz, who worked for the original company back in the 1980s and who's father worked there in previous decades.
Mr. Poblenz recently sent the above picture of a just completed press. He wrote: "Next time it sees daylight, it will be in Asia..."

source: http://www.analogplanet.com/content/pheenix-alpha-rises-death-vinyl-ashes

AD1207

Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:22 pm

Hi Everyone!

I think it's about time to post an update on what's going on at Pheenix Alpha:

Due to the strong demand for our pressing machines we have increased our production capacity significantly. We will also launch a new web site within short. I'm sure many of you are curios about our current "dead" web site and the lack of information there. This have now been addressed and work is in progress. I will post here once it's up and running.
We have also expanded our product range during 2017 so the AD12 can be ordered with integrated sleeving unit or dual output station with automatic cooling plate deposition.
7" inch kit and a 10" kit will be available before summer. Also we are planning to start production of a updated version of the Toolex Alpha AD7 pressing machine. If anyone is interested (for any reason :) ) please feel free to contact me.

We have also been notified that there's a roumor/misunderstanding regarding the accessability of the new AD12 when it's running in production. The roumor says:
"It's not possible to load new lables into the lable mags or to take out finished records while the pressing machine is running."
This is of course wrong. Both these operations can be carried out while the press is running.

Back in June 2017 we had plans for an "Open House"-event. However we were too busy to fit it into our schedule. I hope we can find time for it this year. Anyway, we will be happy to invite anyone who is interested to come and visit us. Nowdays we have new machines in the testing station all the time so a demo can easily be arranged.

In case you have missed it, we have a promo video on youtube :D :

https://youtu.be/IExzO_gtVIc

Best regards,
Niklas Poblenz and the Pheenix Alpha crew