Messiner 1-9065

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

45rpmdude

Messiner 1-9065

Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:02 pm

I Haven't posted in years.. Does anyone in town fix these machines, I wanted to cut my own Origional compositions on this device.. It means a lot to me, I don't know about vintage tube electronics. Need to be tought to get this working, Now working on a messiner, 1-9065... as my Bell labs RC-36 model, haveing a malfunction, under the cutter arm wont engage, i thought about just bending the lever at the front to engage it since it refuses to drop down like its supposed to. :P :( :) :arrow: :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :oops: :oops: :!: :!: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: ,, Both motors Need complet rerbing and one needs to be rebuilt. I have a 1 c cutter head.. I was cutting using custom coils and a newer stereo. but even r-1309 lloysd 1974 a track stereo malfunctuioned, RCA jack sparked,, probably overloade the circuit stereo.. but it was cutting and i was makeing music..for at least a year... Xmas 27,2020, to Dec.17,2021....
Here is a video of one like it on youtube,,, https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiDysy9-I_6AhVVkIkEHcPEA0kQtwJ6BAgGEAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DEdE8VUjVdO0&usg=AOvVaw0BVe8V6PywvJbPGBS0dPPJ

tragwag

Re: Messiner 1-9065

Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:34 am

mod note: moved this to the "secrets" section, this section Cutters And Their Work is more for coverage of trolls activity, and questions regarding the members themselves rather than specific gear questions.
making lathe cuts on a Presto 6N, HIFI stereo cuts on vinylrecorder
at Audio Geography Studios, Providence, RI USA
http://www.audiogeography.com

fleshbled805

Re: Messiner 1-9065

Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:18 pm

I had bought one of these a few years back. It didnt have the microphones. I am actually wanting to see if there was a way to wire in phono connectors to the mic inputs so I could plug in a normal microphone. I also would like some help with the astatic cutterhead, maybe someone could send me some kind of aid in these areas. I am still getting to know this machine but wished for an updated schematic or something. If I get any nifty ideas or something helpful, I will gladly pass this information down to you. There is quite a bit already posted about this machine so have a look and see if any of that may help you get to know more about it.