Newbie, would to change!

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Retroengineering

Newbie, would to change!

Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:33 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, i'm from France and i would like to learn the cutting vinyl processing

1_First step for me in my project is to invest in a cutter machine !

i'm investiguated and i found 2 manufacturers seems to be in my budget reality!

A-
https://www.vortex-vinylrecorder.com/
(This one looks to be serious but is a bolivian trademark, with distance from France and the less informations about feedback of any clients, it seems to be dangerous to choose this system!)

B-
https://www.vinylrecorder.com/
My prefer choice could be a VR T560 machine, i try to contact Souri, but unfortunally my messages stay unreply.

Anyone know if https://www.vinylrecorder.com/ still available to buy?

What do you think about both manufacturers presented here?

2-Have you got any others recommandations, anothers systems similar in budget to help me in my reflexion.

Best regards
Tony

socialroots

Re: Newbie, would to change!

Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:37 am

I recommend that your 1st step should be reading n exploring ALL the post starting from the oldest. Gotta n will pay your dues in this game and if you do all that reading you will have at least armed yourself with some very important knowledge and experience from the many trolls past n present that have unselfishly shared and documented their journey. You might find all that reading to be a time consuming affair ,but you will benifit once you gonna bite the bullet and spend that hard earned money. In hind sight u gonna probably look back and think that getting your 1st lathe was actually the easiest part of the cutting game.
maximun respect
patrick.
p.s you cant go wrong by starting the journey reading all of the posts in the newbie section,plenty good advice there

Retroengineering

Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:54 am

Many thanks for your reply

Yes i do exactly what you mean since few month

I’m trying to contact souri of vinyl recorder since December to buy a machine but no answer...

Hope the T560 still available

Steve E.
Site Admin

Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:40 pm

Vortex is from a guy who has a history of scam products. BEWARE.