VANROCK HELP PLEASE!

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

g-minus-mark

VANROCK HELP PLEASE!

Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:55 pm

Howdy!

Had a hitch with my Vanrock, I was making a cut (or about to) and it got stuck in the place it reaches when the disc is at the end of its cut (The disc moves when you cut on these) it would not return, so i took the bottom off, and manually twisted the turntable part back to its position, i suspected the belt, it looked a little twisted, so straightened it and replaced, the machine then seemed ok, it moves forward on the fast forward command and returns, but when i cut and hit record, instead of the turntable moving, it spins in place! Any ideas> MANY THANKS! Mark

luke13

Re: VANROCK HELP PLEASE!

Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:54 am

check the solenoid valves, if you open the machine it could be that a solenoid valve is not working or has simply oxidized.