MyShank Website Login Issue

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

sardi

MyShank Website Login Issue

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:54 am

Hey guys,

Is anyone else having issues logging into their MyShank account?

I've been trying for the better part of a week and keep getting an error message that says 'Your account isn't available at this time, please contact us' as can be seen in the below image.

I've tried sending a message via the Contact Us button on the site and also sent Steven a direct email via the address I receive my receipts/tracking info from when making purchases. Heck, I even resorted to sending him a PM via Instagram, as I saw he was active on there.

I haven't heard anything and it's been almost a week now, so I thought I'd pose the question on here as I know many people use MyShank for diamonds and blanks, much like I do.

So... anyone else experiencing the same problem? I don't think it's an issue on my end as I've tried different browsers on different computers and the screenshot above is from my phone.

Thanks in advance.

tragwag

Re: MyShank Website Login Issue

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:59 pm

I sent and received correspondance from the info (at) myshank email on Oct 10th,
and an order I placed was "in preparation" on Oct 12th, if that helps!
making lathe cuts on a Presto 6N, HIFI stereo cuts on vinylrecorder
at Audio Geography Studios, Providence, RI USA
http://www.audiogeography.com

TheCrates

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:49 pm

I came back after a long period too to see whats up, website changed, besides that i never purchased anything, so the account probably gone...

No worries, everything will be fine, may Mr. Shank is busy or something.

sardi

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:21 pm

tragwag wrote:I sent and received correspondance from the info (at) myshank email on Oct 10th,
and an order I placed was "in preparation" on Oct 12th, if that helps!
Hey Tragwag,

That does help indeed, as at least we now know that the website is working for others and that this may be an isolated case.

Interestingly, October 10th is the date I sent my email to Steven. Another member PM'd me saying that he may be on holiday. Obviously that is not the case if he emailed you and shipped your records last week.

Thanks for checking.

sardi

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:26 pm

TheCrates wrote:I came back after a long period too to see whats up, website changed, besides that i never purchased anything, so the account probably gone...

Yes, for some reason the website can only be viewed if you're logged into your account. Did you try to log in to yours?

Perhaps he is busy... or something. Perhaps my messages haven't gotten through... or something. I really don't know at this point.

Anyone else?

Cheers guys.

Sillitoe

Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:47 am

Textbook industry standard treatment, no doubt due to your perceived association with this.

Might get a response featuring some old school lathetrolls nastiness now, all good if not.
9516D9E3-F101-4DB9-A516-DC5B9D18B048.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

audiosteam

Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:05 am

Should we think about some rules to start protecting threads from individuals or companies doing their own self advertisement?

Me I'd prefer to have a clean healthy forum focused on sharing unbiased information, tips, work experiences nice stories etc.

All the posts covering advertisement, product announcements, sales etc should be separated and stay on the appropriate section.

It's getting messy.

Sillitoe

Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:56 am

Hi Audiosteam,

As I said in reply to your PM- thanks for your message and compliments.
However, you’ve misinterpreted and misrepresented my post.
The image was posted to Instagram on the 6th of October and is indeed the reason for Adrian Sardi’s current situation with MyShank.

I could have posted to the “Sillitoe Lathes” thread in the experimenters and innovators forum (go check it out! Some great stuff there! :wink: :lol: ) but I’ve decided to keep recent development announcements to social media due to the reasons you cited.

Check us out @sillitoe_audio_technology! :wink: :lol:

Cheers
James

TheCrates

Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:29 am

sardi wrote:
TheCrates wrote:I came back after a long period too to see whats up, website changed, besides that i never purchased anything, so the account probably gone...

Yes, for some reason the website can only be viewed if you're logged into your account. Did you try to log in to yours?

Perhaps he is busy... or something. Perhaps my messages haven't gotten through... or something. I really don't know at this point.

Anyone else?

Cheers guys.
I had a account back in the days, back then you were able to see and browse his items without, but showing prices only if logged in, correct me when im wrong.

If i remember correctly Mr. Shank informed me via email, that he will close the website for regular visitors, you have to log on to see anything.... thats what finally happened..

Tried to log on days ago, may my account erased/deactivated due inactivity or the fact i didnt buy anything.

All good, if i need something ill contact him to reactivate or something.

:)

sardi

Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:04 am

TheCrates wrote:I had a account back in the days, back then you were able to see and browse his items without, but showing prices only if logged in, correct me when im wrong.
No, it wasn't always like that. You could actually browse the site fine and see prices and add things to a cart etc. At some point last year, that changed and you could only see pricing if you were logged in. The reason given by Steven was that it was a bit of a logistical headache for him on the backend as he had to manually clear the cart system when people weren't checking out. Something along those lines. He then changed it so you had to be logged in to see pricing and be able to add items to the cart.
TheCrates wrote:If i remember correctly Mr. Shank informed me via email, that he will close the website for regular visitors, you have to log on to see anything.... thats what finally happened..
This is a change that occurred this year. Not sure why he's gone down that path as it literally means anyone who does a search for diamonds or blanks for record cutting will hit his site, but not able to see a single thing or any information. Seems like a strange business choice, but it's not my site and he's within his right to run it however he sees fit. Even after this change, I was able to log in and access my account.
TheCrates wrote:Tried to log on days ago, may my account erased/deactivated due inactivity or the fact i didnt buy anything.
Well I bought a stack of blanks off him in June, so I'm not sure my account has been deactivated due to inactivity. If it has been, a simple reply from Steven from my many attempts of communication would solve this problem, but having read what James wrote above, I now suspect it's deliberate. :(
TheCrates wrote:All good, if i need something ill contact him to reactivate or something.
Unfortunately that's not done me much good I'm afraid. Hopefully you have better luck.

sardi

Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:53 am

Sillitoe wrote:Textbook industry standard treatment, no doubt due to your perceived association with this.
Sillitoe wrote:The image was posted to Instagram on the 6th of October and is indeed the reason for Adrian Sardi’s current situation with MyShank.
So without any confirmation from Steven, am I left to assume that he has blocked me from accessing his site, because you're researching manufacturing diamonds for your future customers? And this affects me because I have one of your lathes? Or does he have a thing for people from Perth, Australia? :lol:

I must say, if this is indeed what is happening, and I mean... why wouldn't one come to that conclusion, I find the notion absurd, ridiculous and to put it bluntly... stupid.

I've bought my diamond from Steven. I guess I can now no longer get it resharpened. Perhaps I should invest in a nail file.

I've bought blanks from Steven to use with his stylus. Perhaps I should just buy that CNC router I've being eyeing off. I think I can work out how to draw a couple of circles in a CAD program.

What a strange turn of events. I was (reasonably) satisfied with my purchases from MyShank and would have continued to utilise his services going forward. I guess that will no longer be the case if he is 'cutting me off' (what is it with this industry and this tactic) due to my association with James. One will never truly know, as Steven seems averse to hitting the reply button.

boryo

Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:27 am

I remember he said that accounts that didn't purchased anything in the last months will be deleted/deactivated or something like that.

sardi

Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:44 am

boryo wrote:I remember he said that accounts that didn't purchased anything in the last months will be deleted/deactivated or something like that.
sardi wrote:Well I bought a stack of blanks off him in June, so I'm not sure my account has been deactivated due to inactivity. If it has been, a simple reply from Steven from my many attempts of communication would solve this problem, but having read what James wrote above, I now suspect it's deliberate. :(
Is he pruning accounts that quickly? Every few months I'll need to create a new account due to inactivity? Strange way to run a shop front, but... OK.

I'd love it to be that simple, but again, I've tried four times in four different ways to contact Steven and asked him what's going on in relation to my account, but all I get is radio silence.

LencoPlayer

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:22 pm

Just logged in - no problem