updated list of vinyl record pressing plants

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

TotalSonic

updated list of vinyl record pressing plants

Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:35 pm

Greetings Lathe Trolls -
Just a note that I did a major update to my list of what to the best of my knowledge is all the actual vinyl record pressing plants in the world - with a number of plants opening this past year in Canada, USA, China, Taiwan, Korea, Brazil, Austria, France, Sweden, etc. - amazing to see the fine art of squeezing pvc between a couple nickle stampers continues its resurgence.

http://totalsonic.net/vinylplants.htm

As always - any info about plants missing from this list - or corrections for any on the list that are either brokers or no longer in business - is in fact appreciated.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

jjgolden

Re: updated list of vinyl record pressing plants

Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:24 am

Thanks Steve,
This is very much appreciated : )
JJG

jjgolden

Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:24 am

Would be interested to know how many of these plants do their own plating.

chinaski

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:23 am

TotalSonic wrote:Greetings Lathe Trolls -
Just a note that I did a major update to my list of what to the best of my knowledge is all the actual vinyl record pressing plants in the world - with a number of plants opening this past year in Canada, USA, China, Taiwan, Korea, Brazil, Austria, France, Sweden, etc. - amazing to see the fine art of squeezing pvc between a couple nickle stampers continues its resurgence.

http://totalsonic.net/vinylplants.htm

As always - any info about plants missing from this list - or corrections for any on the list that are either brokers or no longer in business - is in fact appreciated.

Best regards,
Steve Berson
Hello Steve,

just a small update, about the french ones in particular: SNADISC doesn't exist anymore, it was sold this year and definitely won't exist as a pressing plant anymore. Same for Magnetic Mastering, it is a priori no longer active, for a few years now.

GeorgeZ

Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:55 am

chinaski wrote: Hello Steve,

just a small update, about the french ones in particular: SNADISC doesn't exist anymore, it was sold this year and definitely won't exist as a pressing plant anymore. Same for Magnetic Mastering, it is a priori no longer active, for a few years now.
Hello,
SNADISC is now part of our GZ Media empire 8)
So it will exist and continue using this name for its CD/DVD pressings and soon also for vinyl pressings after all the necessary steps will be implemented/reorganized/installed. We supply them with CD/DVD stampers and will do it for vinyl as well.
Regards,
Jiri Zita
Premastering manager
GZ Vinyl / GZ Media Lodenice
Czech Republic

chinaski

Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:35 am

Hello GeorgeZ,

ok, my mistake, thank you for the precision.
I knew GZ bought SNA but the purpose of it was a bit unclear. So you confirm that SNA will still press records in France?

GeorgeZ

Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:27 am

Did they really press vinyl records? I've heard rumors it was only some testing and they had many problems with both their manual presses. But yes, we plan to start pressing records there sooner or later...
Jiri Zita
Premastering manager
GZ Vinyl / GZ Media Lodenice
Czech Republic

llary

Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:09 am

A few possible corrections from my side of the world :)

As far as I am aware Yongtong and Primedisc are the same company and chinaetech.com does not do any vinyl pressing.

Aussie0zborn

Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:46 pm

Isn't Etech the optical disc plant with the Newbilt Toolex auto presses and the VMS80 ? It looks like a pretty serious set-up.

llary

Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:43 am

Nope, I think you are probably talking about a company called Junzheng Disc Co. in Qingdao. They have some kind of weird Newbilt Toolex clone (?) and a VMS80.
Aussie0zborn wrote:Isn't Etech the optical disc plant with the Newbilt Toolex auto presses and the VMS80 ? It looks like a pretty serious set-up.

Aussie0zborn

Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:01 am

Yes that's the one. And don't forget Pacific Audio in China. YT and PD are the same. They have an incredibly superior plating system - vertical rotary baths. Made in China for the OD industry.

JHL

Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:16 am

chinaetech doesn't have press plant.
i have never heard about Junzheng Disc Co in QingDao,any info?as far as i know China Record Group Co. is the only company has vms 80 or vms 82 :?

TotalSonic

Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:45 am

thanks for the corrections everybody - I am going to remove Chinaetech from the list.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

llary

Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:46 pm

There is a lot more info in Chinese, JZ Disc is an optical disc manufacturer branching out into vinyl fairly recently (like most other Chinese vinyl manufacturers).

I'm not 100% sure but I think China Record Group is pressing with JZ, I have seen some references to CRP's Chinese language LPs on JZ's site.
JHL wrote:chinaetech doesn't have press plant.
i have never heard about Junzheng Disc Co in QingDao,any info?as far as i know China Record Group Co. is the only company has vms 80 or vms 82 :?

JHL

Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:25 pm

llary wrote:There is a lot more info in Chinese, JZ Disc is an optical disc manufacturer branching out into vinyl fairly recently (like most other Chinese vinyl manufacturers).

I'm not 100% sure but I think China Record Group is pressing with JZ, I have seen some references to CRP's Chinese language LPs on JZ's site.
JHL wrote:chinaetech doesn't have press plant.
i check the picture on JZ's website,i am pretty sure the vms 80 is belonging to China Record Group Co. in Shanghai
i am not sure about the TOOLEX pressing machine is belonging to JZ or not,but the operator seems wearing the CRP's uniform
so i guess JZ might be a broker as well.