Vinyl Pressing Plant list updated

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

TotalSonic

Vinyl Pressing Plant list updated

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:08 pm

Greetings fellow Trolls -
Just a note that the long running list of verified vinyl record pressing plants (that to the best of my knowledge does not include any brokers but only those plants that press in-house) hosted on my website was finally updated after a 2 and a 1/2 year lapse. Big thanks to Mike Papas and the list kept here for some input towards the updates - this features a number of deletions and additions since the last update and consolidates info hosted here in a hopefully more concise way on a single page.

You can find it here:
http://www.totalsonic.net/vinylplants.htm

Hope this is of help to some here - and please let me know of any additions or subtractions you think should be included.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Gridlock

Re: Vinyl Pressing Plant list updated

Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:25 am

That is just incredible. 53 pressing stations? Remember when it was barely 20? This warms my heart. He'll yeah
<\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\[[[[[[[\/]]]]]]]\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\>
Recordette Sr.......Presto K-8

Oliver-Ibiza

Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:07 am

http://www.modernvinylpressing.com new in-house pressing plant

Aussie0zborn

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:31 pm

Oliver, your website says you press single and double 12" records. What if I have a 3LP set - can you still press it or do I have to go elsewhere??

Oliver-Ibiza

Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:26 am

Aussie0zborn wrote:Oliver, your website says you press single and double 12" records. What if I have a 3LP set - can you still press it or do I have to go elsewhere??

3LP set, 5LP or 10 LP box - everything is possible but usually the peoples want single or double gatefold LPs.