overhead arm with turntable

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

godz

overhead arm with turntable

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:00 am

i have idea to DIY lathe cut machine, it will be overhead arm lathe with technics SL-1200 plus caruso head, is it possible? has anyone success for this idea?

opcode66

Re: overhead arm with turntable

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:02 am

Yes. Absolutely. Though torque may be an issue.
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio

godz

Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:07 am

thank you, can you recommend appropriate overhead? that is difficult for me to find it on my local, maybe it must be a lot of time for this idea but i'm not hurry up :D

opcode66

Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:09 am

You can find them for sale on eBay every so often.

You could post a Wanted to Buy message in the classified's section of this forum as well. Let people know you are looking for one. Someone may have one they want to sell.
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio