UPDATE: POLY-CUT

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

cymbalism

UPDATE: POLY-CUT

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:50 am

hello everyone

after a lot of struggling and headache i have managed to come up with a chunk of change to try to get everyone back on track for everyone who i was doing records for.

i sold one of my lathes last week and have been calculating the amount of blanks i need for the outstanding jobs i have pending. a bit of a sacrifice on my end but the lathe went to someone who appreciated it and the money from it is going to help settle things for everyone who feels i have done them wrong.

i'm posting this here in the hopes that people who are trying to find out the status of their orders will find it since i still have not recovered everyone's contact information.

please keep trying to contact me at thomas . emmi @ gmail . com so i can make this right for everyone.

thanks so much everyone for not giving up on me, this whole ordeal has been a nightmare and i just want to wake up soon from it all and have everyone taken care of properly.

i'll try to check in here from time to time, still no internet at home and my cell service sucks big time so if it takes me awhile to reply it's not that i'm ignoring you, it's that i don't have the means to do so right then and there.

hope everyone is doing well! i miss you all.
-t
all the best!
- tommie 'plan 9' emmi
poly-cut lathe cuts / cymbalism recordings

SueDenim

Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:18 am

Welcome back T. :D
So very happy that you can now see the light at the end of the tunnel.

All the best for the future mate & speak soon...
Gav ;)

AlexBMR

Wed May 02, 2012 9:21 pm

Mailed you again a couple of times and still no reply. Please get back to me ASAP.

piaptk

Wed May 02, 2012 11:41 pm

Alex, Tommi said he hasnt gotten any emails from you, but that he will check his spam folder tomorrow when he gets to work in case it git put there. Did you email thomas.emmiATgmailDOTcom? PM me your rmail and ill pass it along to Tommi and he will get back to you.

AlexBMR

Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:52 am

Never got a reply or anything. A rip-off in my book. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

opcode66

Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:26 am

Hmmm. That sucks. I sent Tommi a bunch of blanks for free to help out. Not sure what ever become of them.
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio