Pac NW Lathe Troll meetup Feb 2012!

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

piaptk

Pac NW Lathe Troll meetup Feb 2012!

Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:38 pm

There seem to be quite a few cutters in Seattle, Portland, Vancouver BC and the area, so Kris D and I are going to try to put together a meetup in Seattle sometime in February. I know at least 6 cutters in the are that don't ever post on here, and there are quite a few that do. So we figured we'd find a bar with a meeting room and take it over for the night.

So, I guess the question is, would everybody be up for getting together some evening, talking about cutting, swapping tricks, tips, and extra parts, etc? What would you be interested in doing? I was thinking lathe part swap meet, Kris could demonstrate how to do an external belt drive, and we could just generally get to know each other and trade contact info.

Who is interested?

Prestofan

Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:51 pm

Hi: I woulde love to try and be there - although I am an old record cutter now with no lathes!
Alan G

piaptk

Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:05 am

Prestofan wrote:Hi: I woulde love to try and be there - although I am an old record cutter now with no lathes!
Alan G
Awesome! You are the OG record cutter, Alan, we'd love to have you! I'll bring that tweed dual lathe for you to visit! If we have people coming from as far as Eugene, maybe we will have the meetup in Olympia to make it more central.

Aussie0zborn

Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:30 am

Hey guys, enjoy your meet. We had an unofficial one in London with Cutterwoller (who hasn't been seen here for some time), Mossy, a chap who owns a large mastering house with four Nemumann lathes, and myself. The exchange of cutting and pressing stories and a few beers made for a damn good night!