Soundscriber

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

madomine

Soundscriber

Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:57 pm

Hi all,
I'm new here and to forums (other than reading) in general. I recently acquired two Soundscriber units one (the cutter) is model T-23056 and the other (playback) I can't seem to find a model # for that anywhere. Well, I was curious if any of you knowledgeable folks knew much about these units. Are they worth restoration or should I get rid of them and purchase something else. Although they look cool, I would like to do more than look at them.

Thanks for this site and any replies!

madomine

mossboss

Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:23 am

Welcome Aboard
I am sure you will get a response to your questions
Cheers
Chris

grooveguy

Soundscriber Project

Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:40 pm

Hi, Madomine,

A subject close to my heart. I got an old Soundscriber off eBay and made it into a project that embosses on old CDs and DVDs. It actually works and sounds pretty good. I made a presentation at an L.A. audio group and would send you the outline with photos if you are interested. Email me directly at jim-dot-wood-at-msn-dot-com.