NEW AT LATHE TROLLS...

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

haxixin

NEW AT LATHE TROLLS...

Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi to everybody, im new (again) at the lathe trolls, i have been here in the past with another user (i lost the info, passwords , username...) well, here i'm again. Im upgrading a Rek O Kut Imperial II with a PRESTO 1D, a friend of mine, a tube amp designer and constructor are upgrading and making some mod in the amp (R8B) and he's making an console to control heating stylus and the current at the cutter, vacuum, among other things. He's developing new pitch controler box for the REK O KUT...cool. I did some cuts allready with old system, with saphire and old audiodisc, the sound is good. but i need some Diamond stylus to start with PVS and pressed records. Transco sell only adamant (saphire) and ameise also sell them, but i think only for Neuman and Vinylium heads. Someone can get me other contacts to buy diamond stylus for the presto 1D, i hear The Shank and other suplier sell them, any one have these contacts? Soon i will start to post some pics of the small lathe studio with the new upgrades...long live to vinyl records...

mossboss

Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:33 pm

Welcome back enjoy cheers
Chris

petermontg

Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:21 am

info(at)myshank(dot)com
Peter Montgomery
+353(0)894926271
peter(at)petermontgomerymastering.com

Stereo cutter head wanted. Send email or smoke signals.

haxixin

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:26 am

THANKS for the info...