audax rh5 diy repair assistance?

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

petermontg

Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:58 am

d wrote:
p.s. when the coil burned it fired up the coil holder, so i had to do it from the scratch. took a sheet of glass textolite 0.2mm i think and with epoxy glues the holder.
Thanks d,

ill try and hunt some down and build the replacement.

thanks again
Peter Montgomery
+353(0)894926271
peter(at)petermontgomerymastering.com

Stereo cutter head wanted. Send email or smoke signals.

d

Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:23 pm

of course i could make some pictures but i do not thing it would be any good for you. I did not a good job. but it works. when i got another cutter i just put audax aside. two things to mention is that you have replace rubber damping with some sort of rubber. when I tried silicon rubber of 1mm it seamed like it is not very firm as the high frequency went down at about 7-8 khz. when i took shrinkable isolation and made two layers on each side of damper where the rubber must go it got better. but then I stoped testing it. so that would be the start. maybe someone here can help you on that more.

anyway is is not a very big deal to fix that head.... i think ;)
_______