vestax blanks

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Amp Doc

vestax blanks

Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:15 pm

Has anybody tried these to cut to......Im wondering before I order 3....

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR34613

They say they are the vinyl like ones....And I know the vestax uses a sapphire....

Seem a little expensive tho..... Im looking for some blank plastic to cut to...I use the appollo 12 at the moment but are a little easy to damage.
So anybody know about these vestax things?????
!Work or Bang Time!

Hamilton

Re: vestax blanks

Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:02 pm

Amp Doc wrote:Has anybody tried these to cut to......Im wondering before I order 3....

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR34613

They say they are the vinyl like ones....And I know the vestax uses a sapphire....

Seem a little expensive tho..... Im looking for some blank plastic to cut to...I use the appollo 12 at the moment but are a little easy to damage.
So anybody know about these vestax things?????
Yes i bought a pack,aren´t Vestax , they are of PVC more hard than Vinylike,so you have to cut with Diamond Stylus I detroyed a Sapphire one thinking that was the Vestax type.

Take care
Hamilton

Simon

Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:35 pm

I helped Hamilton to get all the real vestax blanks in the UK and also contacted all the other distributors for them - none.

HTFR are not real ones...

I told Vestax UK but they were not interested as they purchased stock in the past.

Oh well.
Happy to learn something new.
Wanted: Stylus for Presto, Mono heads Grampian, Fairchild, Presto, Fairchild 740 lathes, Presto 8n, 8d 8dg lathes or parts or Presto or wot ever recording Amps, PM me what you have for sale.

Hamilton

HTRF

Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:14 pm

:D Yes is true and Simon knows better this situation they sell PVC beware.

Hamilton